After Three Weeks Off I Return

29 April 2010
Tomorrow I'm going back to work.  It's about time.  I've gotten quite lazy, trust me.  My house is messy, my kids are late for everything.  I'm much better at this mom thing when my plate is stacked with work and schedules.  I know it sounds weird, but not everyone is domestic. 

I can't wait to have a reason to do my hair and makeup again, and money to get my color refreshed!  Today, I plant kiwi's, tomorrow it's back to the grind.  My backyard is now almost completely composed of edible landscaping.  We have 5 apple trees, two nectarine trees, a pomegranate tree, a cherry tree, and we have ordered a pear and a peach tree.   We also have raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, hot peppers of different varieties, zuchini, watermelon, and, of course, tomatoes.  Sadly, the artichokes did not last through the really harsh winter we had last year.  I'm excited about the kiwi's going in today.

Reality is setting in, with our cash only policy that we instituted about 6 months ago there is no safety net.  We have NO credit cards.  That means that if I want something I have to work harder or longer rather than just charging it and worrying about it later.  We are trying to plan a trip to California this summer.  We've vacationed twice so far with only cash/debit, but never on an airline without credit.  It's a scary world out there, but we may just pull it off.

I really should go do the dishes, I don't know what it is about staying home that puts me into sloth mode.

0 comments: